2020 SEAISI e-SEMINAR
Strengthening Transformation on Digitalization through Reliability and Productivity Improvement
Value chains in the steel and metal industry are extremely complex. Companies must contend with a large number of interconnected volatile assets, a vast amount of product units, a diverse customer base with varying service and quality requirements, and complicated distribution channels with different margin implications. Steel and metal companies have been continuously trying to solve these issues, but traditional operational improvement methods are close to their limits.
To break through the human ability bottlenecks in monitoring complex systems and perform extensive real-time calculation, digitalization becomes perhaps the only solution for the current seemingly dead end. Digital technologies are changing the world and dramatically improving the ways that organizations operate. By implementing digital technology, organizations will be able to improve operational efficiency, customer service, inventory levels and profit margin.
As a digital technology, predictive analytics through ‘Smart Plant’ has already demonstrated its potential to revolutionize the operational model, in terms of speed, cost, and ease of implementation. Alongside these new developments, technological advances are impacting traditional business models. The emergence of total solution marketing - where metals & its solutions are offered to the market is also replacing the more traditional one-to-one relationships between manufacturers and their customers. Such changes open up a world of new possibilities for the industry.
Through 2020 SEAISI e-Seminar, all of the above topics will be addressed comprehensively by a total of five (5) speakers from leading and reputable world steel and services companies i.e. CHINA STEEL CORPORATION (Taiwan R.O.C.), KOBE STEEL, LTD. (Japan), and POSCO (South Korea), and METALSHUB (Germany). As steel production enters the next phase of its development, the industry needs to embrace digitalization as a key enabler of competitiveness and business growth.
- Data Analytics for Improving Production Efficiency in Iron and Steel Making Processes by Mr. Yusuke Torii, KOBE STEEL, LTD - Japan
- Intelligent Quality Management in Steelmaking and Continuous Casting by Mr. Ryan Huang, CHINA STEEL CORPORATION – Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Introduction of POSCO Solution Marketing by Mr. Heo Yongkwan, POSCO – South Korea
- POSCO’s Smart Factory – Strategy and Case by Mr. Younghun Chung, POSCO – South Korea
- The Metals Trading & Price Reporting Marketplace of the Future by Dr. Oliver Gausmann, METALSHUB - Germany